OMG Transatlantic Tax Talks: Georg Kofler (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
Michael Devereux (Oxford)
Lilian Faulhaber (Georgetown)
Michelle Hanlon (MIT)
Jim Hines (Michigan)
Wolfgang Schön (Max Planck)
John Vella (Oxford)
On behalf of the Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation, University of Michigan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance, and Georgetown University Law Center, we are excited to announce the OMG Transatlantic Tax Talks. (Why OMG? Oxford-Michigan-MIT-Munich-Georgetown.)
This speaker series will be taking place on Zoom over the 2021-2022 academic year. It will be an interdisciplinary series, with experts in taxation from law, economics, and accounting presenting their work.
The remaining presenters for 2021-2022 are:
- January 20 – Georg Kofler (Vienna University of Economics and Business)
- February 17 – Mitchell Kane (New York University)
- March 17 – Marcel Olbert (London Business School)
- April 21 – Stefanie Stantcheva (Harvard University)
- May 19 – Alex Raskolnikov (Columbia University)
Georg Kofler will be presenting his paper, "The Shielding Effect of EU Secondary Law" on Thursday 20 January at 12:00 Eastern time/5:00 GMT/6:00 CET. Presenters speak for about 20 minutes, and the remaining 40 minutes will be used for Q&A.